This is a post looking for feedback. Some regular readers know that I manage the work of Micro Joint Ventures. We support churches in poor countries by funding profitable Joint Ventures. The Micro Joint Ventures annual report is out. See the site microjointventures.org to read the report. We have 8 projects in Burundi, joint ventures with seven churches. We reach from the capital out to the Tanzanian border in the east.
Here are some questions I have, and they are not rhetorical.
What would be the right time to move to a second country? Should I let our Burndian national director decide when he is too stretched to take on more projects? Or decide myself? And what country should be our second? A country like Uganda, where our Burundi national director spends time and can oversee things? Or should I find a new national director through different contacts? What sort of poor country would really benefit from $1000 joint ventures with churches, where the church does all the work and keeps 45 percent of the profits?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment